So how do you decide if paying for a professional carpet cleaner is a luxury or a necessity? After all, once you run round with the vacuum cleaner your house immediately looks much cleaner and your carpets look spotless. You know your vacuum cleaner has done a good job because the carpets look clean and its bag or bin is full of dust, crumbs and dirt.
Is there dirt you cannot see?
- Bacteria – We all know about bacteria, the fact that there is good and bad bacteria, and that the bad stuff can make us sick. Most of us use lots of chemicals and products in our bathrooms and kitchen to make sure we remove the bad guys. But did you know your carpet can also contain many types of bacteria? Tests have found Salmonella, Shigella, Listeria and Campylobacter.
- Pets – Many households have cats or dogs that add to the dirt in your carpet. You probably just put this out of your mind but they can leave their hair, traces of faeces, traces of skin cells and even fleas. What did you do the time they were sick on the carpet? Did that leave unwanted bacteria?
- Humans – It’s not just the pets that drop hair and skin cells! Has your baby or child been sick on the floor?
Carpet cleaning is necessary to remove all the unseen dirt and bacteria.
I could save some money and shampoo myself
- Does your house insurance cover you if you damage your carpet or any furniture while using the carpet shampooer?
- Most of the machines that can be hired are much smaller, lighter and less powerful than the industrial ones that the professionals use. This is so that you can transport it easily back to your home without hurting yourself in the process. Also, it would be too expensive to hire out industrial machines.
- Using a smaller, hired machine will NOT give you the same great results as an industrial machine and will NOT give you the results shown in their promotional videos or leaflets.
- It can take days for your carpets to be fully dry so your house will have a damp, horrible smell.
- If you let the carpet get too wet you can damage it so badly that you will need to replace it.
- If the cleaning process is not done correctly it can result in mould. Breathing in mould spores is not good for your health.
Benefits of using a professional carpet cleaner
- Not having to do the hard work yourself
- Not having to take time off work to hire a machine, get it home, do all the work, and return it to the hire shop in time.
- Getting great results due to it being done professionally with an industrial machine.
- Peace of mind that your carpet has been thoroughly cleaned and all the un-seen dirt has been removed.
- Your carpets are dry within 2 hours; not 2 days.
When choosing your carpet cleaner make sure he is fully insured so that you don’t need to worry if any problems occur during cleaning.
Also, many companies only use eco-friendly products. I would suggest that where possible use one of these companies for the benefit of the earth, your family and pets.